4 Ways To Stand Out for Small Business Saturday 2023
Our favorite day of the year is quickly approaching!
Small Business Saturday 2023 is almost here, and right now is the perfect time to lock down your plans to generate buzz, make more sales, and attract new customers to your small business.
In this blog, we’ll share everything you need to know about Small Business Saturday, plus tips for making the most of the small business buzz this year.
What Is Small Business Saturday?
Small Business Saturday is a day dedicated to supporting small businesses and celebrating all that small business owners do for their communities.
The first Small Business Saturday was observed in 2010 when American Express launched a special event to encourage shoppers to support small businesses across the U.S. Since then, Small Business Saturday has grown to be a huge part of the holiday shopping season, generating $17.9 billion in revenue for independent retailers!
This year, Small Business Saturday takes place on November 25, and this retail extravaganza is a fantastic opportunity for your small business. Here are a few key reasons why your store should participate in Small Business Saturday 2023:
- Increased Visibility: Shoppers will already be looking to support small businesses like yours on November 25, so all you need to do is make the most of their interest.
- Customer Engagement: With the right strategies, you can convert casual Small Business Saturday shoppers into lifelong customers.
- Boosted Sales: Small Business Saturday is an opportunity to run enticing promotions and boost your store’s sales.
- Community Connection: Small Business Saturday is a great time to show how your small business is a core part of your local economy.
Tips for a Successful Small Business Saturday 2023
Now that we’ve covered why it’s important to take advantage of this sales-boosting opportunity, let’s explore how your small business can make the most of Small Business Saturday 2023.
1. Leverage Social Media To Share Your Small Business Story
When customers make a personal connection with a small business, they feel good about how they’re spending their money. Taking the time to share why you’re passionate about your small business can go a long way in building an energized, loyal customer base.
Social media is a powerful channel to leverage when sharing your small business’ story. Along with promoting your latest deals and newest arrivals, social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok are great channels to share the importance of shopping small and your small business “why.”
Here are a few post ideas to get you started:
- Share countdown posts to Small Business Saturday 2023 and inform your customers about why it’s important to support small businesses during the holiday season.
- Make a short video introducing yourself! Your customers will trust your brand more and are more likely to make a purchase when they feel a personal connection to your business.
- Spotlight your team members and encourage your social media followers to stop by your store and say hi.
- Share behind-the-scenes content about what it takes to keep a small business running — especially during the holidays!
- Make sure to highlight your Small Business Saturday 2023 promotions and events.
2. Launch Exciting Promotions
When customers have the opportunity to save big, they’re willing to spend big.
Small Business Saturday is the perfect time to run your most exciting promotions to boost sales and attract new customers.
Whether you’re offering buy one get one (BOGO) deals, free gifts with a certain size purchase, or a percentage off storewide, make sure you’re offering promotions that your customers won’t be able to turn down! Another way to up the ante on Small Business Saturday is to offer hourly deals to generate buzz and keep your customers checking back in to see what’s on sale.
Your store’s point of sale (POS) system should make it easy to schedule promotions and ensure that the checkout process is a breeze for your customers and your employees.
3. Keep Your Customers In-the-Know
While Small Business Saturday 2023 is a great opportunity to attract new shoppers to your store, don’t forget about your loyal customers!
They’re already invested in your small business and willing to spend big — which is why it’s so important to keep them up to date on your Small Business Saturday plans.
If your POS system has a built-in customer loyalty program and integrated marketing features, keeping them in the loop should be easy. You’ll be able to send them email or text message updates about your upcoming promotions and events.
4. Prep Your Store for High-Volume Sales
If everything goes according to plan, November 25 will be your busiest day of the year!
With this increased footfall, it’s crucial to make sure that your store is ready to handle more demand, more customers, and more transactions. Make sure your inventory management and checkout processes are accurate and efficient, so that you can provide the best possible experience for your customers.
One way to give your business a boost ahead of Small Business Saturday 2023 is to upgrade your point of sale system! A modern, powerful POS solution can keep your store well-stocked, your customers happy, and your profits high during the holiday season and beyond.
If you’re ready to give your small business the gift of a new POS system, or if you’re looking to add another register to your store to keep up with the holiday demand, we’ve got you covered. To help you celebrate Small Business Saturday, we’re offering a special deal! You can enjoy:
- A $500 rebate on POS bundles purchased before November 10, 2023
- A $400 rebate on POS bundles purchased before November 20, 2023
- A $300 rebate on POS bundles purchased before November 30, 2023
Act now to take advantage of these huge savings and to get your store ready for Small Business Saturday!
Gear Up for the Best Small Business Saturday Ever
Preparing for Small Business Saturday and the holiday season might seem overwhelming, but with these tips, your store is sure to have a successful celebration.
We’ll be here beside you every step of the way as you prep for Small Business Saturday and the 2023 holiday season. We’ve put together our best resources for conquering the most wonderful (and most profitable) time of the year in our Holiday Season Hub! Find comprehensive guides, our best holiday season blog posts, and more all in one convenient place.
P.S. Don’t forget to claim your rebate on a new POS bundle! You can save up to $500 during our Small Business Saturday promotion, so don’t miss out.